- I’m pleased to have been selected for Writing West Midlands‘ Room 204 Writer Development Programme for 2015/2016.
- The Howl, a short story I’ve written in collaboration with Ian R MacLeod, is now available in Solaris Rising 3.
I’m a British author with three novels, numerous short stories and other items published to date. My 2010 short story Songbirds, which appeared in the Conflicts anthology from Newcon Press, was nominated for a BSFA Award. My most recent contributions are:
- The Howl, with Ian R MacLeod, appeared in Solaris Rising 3 and featured on Tangent Online’s 2014 Recommended Reading list;
- The Circle of Least Confusion, included in the Philip K Dick Award-shortlisted Solaris Rising 2;
- An appearance on the DVD accompanying the reissue of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds’ album, Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus.
Please see the bibliography for details of other work.
I grew up in Tamworth, an average market town in the English county of Staffordshire – home to Sir Robert Peel, founder of the police force, and a castle that was once home to the King of Mercia. I’m a chocolate labrador walker. A chocolate consumer. A frustrated cyclist (it’s the hills, y’see). Former guitarist with Emma Gibbs Loves Badges, The Lip Servants and Pony Chair Black. Some say I can look a bit miserable, but that’s just my face; inside I’m all butterflies and chirruping birdies! Speaking of which, feel free to tweet me.
Martin Sketchley is a member of The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain. Download Martin’s writing CV.